Saturday, May 7, 2011

{Hairbands Unite!}

Those pesky things!!  Any of you with daughters know that life is about hair clips, headbands, elastics, bows...at least one or all of those! For us, it's elastic ponytail bands. I've seen some really cute ways of displaying clips, bows, & headbands, but really we rarely use those. Our big pain is with elastics for ponytails...to the tune of this:
Yikes!
Now you would think all of those would be enough, but we actually are missing colors, so we picked up 2 new packs yesterday. That's when I knew that something had to be done! :)
So I picked up some shower rings at the Dollar Tree for a great solution!



So easy, and kid friendly, too! I color coordinated rings, too. Now we can easily find the color we need, slide around to it, snap open, and pull them off. I love that they are easy for all of us to find, and keep that way. They are in a cute little horse box that she keeps on her dresser.
These are the all bands we DUMPED! Too skinny and don't fit her thick hair anymore, but we just hadn't cleaned them out in a while.
So now who has a great idea for leftover elastics? :)
Hope someone else can use this idea!
Take care,




 UndertheTableandDreaming
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. if they still have some stretch you can cut them open and use them for the back/bottom of a headband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see what those old bands look like stretched and stacked around a glass bottle. Use a glass tile bit to drill a hole and make a randomly striped lamp out of it... or just use it as a flower vase (even spray it with clear gloss to seal it and minimize the fabric-y look). I can kind of picture it, but wouldn't know until I saw it in action. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - what a GREAT idea! Thank you so much! Isn't it great to find such amazing ideas for everyday things?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea Kami! I wish I had thought of that. They have already been officially trashed! I tried them on several things, trying to come up with something, but they were too small (the reason I was getting rid of them to begin with). Thanks anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could use this idea with my girls' hair paraphernalia! Linking this up with us made the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop better and more special. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deanna - This is a fantastic idea to organize ponytail holders! I am always misplacing mine and end up buying more. Very clever and creative. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this. Hope you are having a great week ~ Stephanie Lynn
    http://www.bystephanielynn.com/2011/05/last-weeks-showcase-features-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use the too small ones for our wrapping paper rolls. Can use one on each end and that darn paper stays flat and not all mangled.

    ReplyDelete
  8. in the past, I have looped them (old but still stretchy ones) together to make a stretchy headband (securing the two ends by tying them together with a tiny piece of ribbon). Works great!

    ReplyDelete

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!