Saturday, February 4, 2012

{Sweet Valentine Treats: Little Nugget 'Purses'}

I made these sweet little treat 'purses' for the staff at my preschool. I love how they turned out!
Although they really are more for chocolate nuggets, I just wanted to use Kisses.
I followed the tutorial (mostly) over at Chic 'n Scratch. She has a great site with TONS of free video tutorials. Whenever I'm drawing a blank in the creativity department I head over there for a little inspiration (and great directions, ha!). 
I embossed these with my Cuttlebug, stamped the heart on the front, and punched the circles. The ribbon is from one of those sets on the $1 Spot at Target. I think I might actually have had that ribbon for 3 years. It was time for it to GO finally! It worked great because those rolls are too small to do much with anyway.
I ended up adding 3 Hershey Kisses, although only 2 are shown in this pic. I used just a little Tombow Snail to hold them in place, but not make them permanent or hard to pull off. I don't want to have to "work" to get my chocolate! :)
These whip up really quickly and are fun to make. I love to mass produce!
I'll be placing these on a red platter in the workroom at my school, so each teacher can grab a 'purse' and go!
I have some super cute felt foods to share with you next time. Until then, have a great week!

1 comment:

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!