Thursday, December 15, 2011

{Christmas Cards for a Cause}

Hello to all, and here's to hoping you're not quite as busy as we have been around here!
As always, the season is flying by, although I feel lighter and not quite as stressed as years past. It's pleasantly surprising and a nice feeling, I have to say. I don't really think I'm doing anything to de-stress, I just went into the holiday season with a better state of mind. I decided I was going to focus on our family, and not all the marketing, materialism, and overspending that I see everywhere. It must be working, and for that I'm thankful!
 Remember the Snowman Soup I made? Well I had some wonderfully usable scraps leftover, along with several stamped images that I didn't need, so I decided to whip up some cards. I used my Cuttlebug embossing folders for the white background, and textured cardstock for the base. (Same as my Snowman Soup labels.)

Each card measures 5.5" x 4", and the base was actually already cut naturally from the Snowman Soup labels. All I really needed to do was add some layering for the sentiment, so they whipped up pretty quickly. Each one will fit in a standard A2 envelope.
Outside of one that I will include with a gift for a friend, I decided that we'll use these to spread some cheer to a recovering soldier at the Bethesda Naval Medical Center. A friend of mine who is a former Marine sent me the address to use, and it seems like there's no way better way than to send something handmade to someone whose sacrifices are beyond my comprehension.
I am using the following address and greeting, for the envelopes. Address it to:
A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Bethesda National Naval Medical Center
8901 Wisconsin Ave.
Bethesda, MD 20889-0001

Hopefully they will be a blessing to those who have sacrificed for our freedom!
Have a great week,

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!