Wednesday, January 25, 2012

{Burlap Hearts Revisited}

Thought I would re-post these cute little burlap hearts from last year. They look so sweet in a small bathroom dish, or with several in an apothecary or antique bowl on the kitchen table. Burlap goes with almost everything!
Enjoy!

Here's how I made these:
I cut the burlap and some solid red cotton with my standby Nestie hearts (second from the largest I think). Then I stitched them together with red thread, leaving an opening. It actually took more stuffing than I thought, but still not much to fill them. You need a solid color fabric to go between so the stuffing doesn't fall through the burlap.


Then I finished stitching them up and voila! I love how they turned out.

I used scrap felt, as well as scraps from my Valentine Mail Pouches to make a few more to add to the mix.
So cute!
Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!