Thursday, October 20, 2011

{My First Jelly Roll}

Sounds a little strange doesn't it? ;) 
I picked up my first jelly roll on super clearance at Joann's a couple of months ago, and it's been waiting patiently for me until this weekend. I loved the colors (turquoise and greens!) and it was $6.97 plus a coupon. I designed this bag and {love} how it turned out!
Do I need another purse? Of course not, but I tell you I am addicted to making bags! I'm not sure why exactly, but I love making them...whether they are my own design or using a tutorial/pattern. I actually changed my mind halfway through, so it turned out to be a little different shape than the original plan, but I'm happy with it nonetheless. You never know!
I'm calling it my Jelly Roll Bucket Bag, because when I look at it top-down, it really stands up like a bucket.


I added one larger pocket, as well as a snap.
I'm really proud of it! :)
It's all jelly roll strips except the lining and handle. I love the ease of not cutting the exterior panels!
I'm working on making a larger 'everything' kind of bag, because that I actually do need. We had a parade to attend a few weeks ago, as well as a festival the following week, and I realized that I don't have a larger bag that serves the carry-all purpose AND looks cute. I knew the jelly roll would come in handy to fix that problem. :)
Joann has a 20% off total purchase coupon this weekend, so I'm heading to Joann tomorrow to see if I can find some more clearance jelly rolls. I'm on a roll I'll tell you....haha...okay...not so funny. (Can you tell I'm getting tired?)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!