Wednesday, April 27, 2011

{Greeting Card Organizer}

I generally make many of my own greeting cards, although of late my stash has been dwindling as I work on other things. BUT...I still need an organized place to keep them all! So all the cards in my storage box are handmade, but if I bought greeting cards, I'd put them in here, too. It's so much easier to find everything, and hey...let's face it...it's another excuse to make something! :)

I use cut up food boxes from my recycle bin, scraps of patterned paper, and my tab punch from Stampin' Up. You can just cut a small tab also if you don't have the punch.
I got a really general idea of the size, then cut them from the cereal boxes. I used glue stick to add the scrap patterned paper (you could Mod Podge, but really for this project I just didn't think it was necessary). Then I sanded the edges a bit to get them the right size. I punched a tab for each one from scraps, added the titles, stapled them on, and voila! Cards are organized and even cute. :)

My box is one of those photo boxes that are always 50% off at Hobby Lobby.
Check in a little later this week for some re-org on the little one's toys/dress-up things. I feel a relief with just a few small changes!
Thanks for stopping by,
I'm linking up to these parties:
Tip 
Junkie handmade projects

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it! I just started making cards last year. I even made all of my Christmas cards which is a HUGE deal for me. I love to craft but have a hard time finding the time or inspiration. I received SO many compliments on my Christmas cards, it was awesome!
    You seem to be a thrifty gal like myself, where do you find your stamps? I got some at Michaels on sale or with a coupon. ANy other great spots to find them? Sadly the closest Hobby Lobby to me is about 45 minutes away. Is there a good website to find them?

    ReplyDelete

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!