Tuesday, January 25, 2011

{Burlap Heart Pillows}


I was making a few more little felt heart pillows and a lightbulb went off that I needed something to make them a bit more rustic. Why not toss them into a bowl with BURLAP hearts??! Hello!! I love how they turned out. My home is all about primitives and antiques, so burlap fits right in.

I cut the burlap and some solid red cotton with my standby Nestie hearts (second from the largest I think). Then I stitched them together with red thread, leaving an opening. It actually took more stuffing than I thought, but still not much to fill them. You need a solid color fabric to go between so the stuffing doesn't fall through the burlap.


Then I finished stitching them up and voila! I love how they turned out. When we get our V-Day centerpiece up this week, I'll post a full pic of all of them together. 
I think this could be cute as a framed wall hanging, too. Cut a larger heart with 1 piece of burlap and 1 piece of red or pink cotton, stitch them together, then frame it. Try it and link me up!

Take care!
Come check out other great crafts over at Life as Lori

Deanna





1 comment:

  1. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting This up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!

    Celebes Travel
    Celebes Tourism
    Celebes

    ReplyDelete

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!