Monday, January 31, 2011

{A New Twist on my Old Frame}

We moved into our new (to us) home about 6mths ago, which, as anyone who has moved before knows, that means that things that worked well in the old home don't always have a great place in the new home.
So this empty frame that I bought at an antique shop years ago just sat for a few months. 
It originally had antique kitchen items hung "inside" it in the kitchen of our previous home. The spacing on the kitchen walls just didn't work for it here, but I REALLY love that frame! My brain started working and I saw a need in our entryway for a coat rack or hooks of some kind, so I found a way to re-use my beloved frame.
I'm thrilled with it!




I found some beautiful "antique" looking fabric  (I love antiques!) and I stretched it across the back and stapled it to the frame. I then added 7 coat hooks across the front. I thought of doorknobs at first, probably my first choice, but honestly in a new town and a new house I just didn't see myself antiquing for a while.
I had a hard time deciding between black and silver at Lowe's, but I'm happy with the silver in the end.
Hubby screwed it to the wall for me and it not only makes a GREAT place for our coats and bags, it 
looks super cute, too!



The bench makeover underneath it is still to come.

Have a happy day!
Deanna

I'm linking up to these parties:


http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com/


 The DIY Show Off

11 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. The fabric was a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

      Wisata Jawa
      Java Tourism
      JavaTravel.net

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! I need to go through my old frames for some up-cycle ideas.

    Would love for you to come link up:
    http://gigglesglitzandglam.blogspot.com/2011/01/tuesday-glam-party-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the same fabric I chose for cafe curtains in my kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

    Visit Site
    Deviantart.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

    Diamondsquad.tv
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.

    Tune.pk
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  7. we make a Gift Boxes Wholesale , we make sure that it makes the recipient feel cared for. So call us now and get the Four Corner Gift Boxes to give as a gift to your relatives at a reasonable price in a short time for a reminder of your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At Custom Boxes World UK, we work hard to meet the customers’ wishes. And provide them with the latest products in the market. We provide smart but luxurious designs with superior quality printing techniques. Along with the guaranteed high performance and unlimited customization of cosmetic Cream Boxes for our customers.

    ReplyDelete

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!