Monday, January 24, 2011

{Valentine Heart Garland}

I'm still feelin' the Valentine vibe!
I made a felt leaf garland back in the Fall that I fell in love with, so I decided to translate that same idea for V-Day. My banister needed some love!
If you have die-cut capabilities, this project was SUPER easy, and if not, it's just easy!
ITEMS YOU NEED:
Heart templates or die-cut(s)
Felt
Jute Twine
Fabric glue
Needle & thread
Sewing machine (optional)

Using my Cuttlebug, I started by cutting the largest heart in my Nestabilities heart stack. I use my Nesties a LOT!
I cut 16 of the largest heart in both red and pink felt that I had on hand.
I used 2 hearts for each space on the garland, just to make each one a little heavier and to look a little more finished.
You could easily do the same just by finding a heart template, tracing your felt, and cutting them out individually. You also don't have to double them.
Then I cut out smaller hearts in coordinating pink and red to add to the front of the larger ones. I then sewed the doubled large hearts together on my machine.
I added the smaller hearts to the fronts with Aleene's Quick Grab Glue. It was late and I didn't want to sew in a small area, ha! You could easily hand or machine stitch these on as well. The glue worked for me though!
Then I rolled out my trusty jute (I swear I use this on a ton of projects!) and just hand stitched it to the top back of each heart. I like the rustic look and feel of jute twine!
Hang and enjoy! Easy and inexpensive "love" for a banister (or fireplace).
Thanks for stopping by and email me if you have any questions!

Deanna


1 comment:

  1. I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.

    Celebes
    Wisata Celebes
    Celebes Travel

    ReplyDelete

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!