Thursday, January 27, 2011

{Photo CD Storage}

ONE child + ONE Mom who loves to take pictures and scrapbook = LOTS OF PHOTO CD'S!!!
I do have some sense of organization to them, because otherwise I couldn't function, but they were getting a little out of hand, and harder to find what I needed.  I realized this a few days ago when I went to retrieve a baby pic for a project.

I wish you could really tell in this pic how high the stacks are! Is this wrong?  (smile.)
So I decided that even though each CD case is well-labeled, when you have that many to go through to find something specific, "it ain't fun".
I knew they needed to at least be sorted by year.
And then a lightbulb went off...4x6 acrylic photo frames as file tabs. Yay!!!!!
They're sturdy and the stand fits right under a few CD's for support.  I had a few lying around, but needed a few more, so I picked them up at $1 each, added a year tag with painter's tape (so they're still photo-ready if need be in the future), and they sit perfectly as plastic file tabs to sort my years!
My photo CD's are in a plastic tub, which still works well...each CD was labeled with the event/date/etc....but they still needed one more step for organization. This worked out really well, and only took 15min. to get pulled together.
Voila! I find that I always know what year I need, so this makes it much easier to find what I'm looking for. 
Hmmm....I think we took waaaaaaaay too many pictures in 2009! 
Hope this gives you a little inspiration to organize something at your house, too!

Deanna

Check out this linky party!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Very easy! Thanks for sharing. I found you through Sundae Scoop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some interesting points in time in this article but I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article, thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as well

    Celebes Tourism
    Celebes
    Wisata Celebes

    ReplyDelete

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!