Sunday, February 20, 2011

{Impromptu Dog Beds!}

Out of nowhere I whipped up these doggy beds this afternoon and they are already getting some serious sleep time! My sweet JRT's, Riff & Shelby, are by my side constantly (and I mean CONSTANTLY). That means that I always have 2 buddies sleeping around my feet when I'm in my craft room working on something. The last few months, they have both taken a liking to sleeping on anything that's fleece. So a month or so ago I purchased a 2 pack of those super-cheap thin fleece blankets at Wal-Mart for about $3. I specifically bought them in chocolate brown so they would blend in with my living room decor. One is there and the other I cut in half and had thrown in my craft room. That means it's been first come-first serve on the fleece in there.

This morning Riff was left out and looking for something soft to lie on. I remembered a large section of super soft material that I bought once with the intention of making a baby blanket for a friend. That never happened and never will, so I threw it on the floor. He fell in love so I decided to turn that and the brown Wal-Mart fleece into beds for them...just for the craft room. :) (Any other time they are snuggled up beside you on the couch.)

I just folded them in half, stitched around 3 sides, then lightly stuffed with poly-fil before closing them up. Neither fabric needs to have a finished edge, so it was super quick.


They both like to dig around and make their blankets "just right", so the uneven poly-fil works perfectly. These cost next to nothing and no one gets left out of a soft place to sleep now in my craft room. :) Strangely, they even inadvertently almost match!

I like how easy they were and how happy my puppers are! 

I'm linking up at:



Photobucket




freckled laundry UndertheTableandDreaming 
Photobucket



Fancy This

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. so cute. my pups follow me everywhere too. my golden tries to get in my lap while I'm sewing. doesn't work too well!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same idea. I am just throwing some old towels or clothes inside instead of polyfil. Then they can romp around all they want and I recycled!! LOL Great Minds think alike!!

    ~ Nikki
    p.s. come post it over on my blog tute'n tuesday

    http://bestpartofbelieveis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, maybe our "Panda Bear" woudl stay off our bed!! Thanks for sharing

    momsofalltrades.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative blog you have!! Thanks for leaving a comment on mine. :) I'm following you back! Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea!!! So much so we featured it in the Fancy This Fridays feature post today! Hope you'll check it out and grab a button! :) http://trulylovelywiththelaneysisters.blogspot.com/2011/02/fancy-this-features-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easy! Love it! You can easily spend upwards of $50 for a dog bed that size in the store.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers


    Visit Site
    Webnode.com

    ReplyDelete

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!