Monday, February 28, 2011

{Inspiration Strip}

As I was streamlining a few things in my craft room this weekend, I realized that I like to pick up little things...quotes, movie tickets, memorabilia...and then it tends to "hang" somewhere in my craft room until it becomes nothing but clutter! One of my clutter areas are my 5K race numbers, a source of pride and inspiration for me. I ran my first 5K last Spring, ran 2 more with a new PR each time, and look forward to more this year. I keep my race numbers and race times visible to remind that I did it (!) and want to do more. They were previously clipped to my metal shelves, so yesterday afternoon I made a long strip to hang them on. I like it much better!
I used scrap fabric that coordinates with my room, along with some major interface scrap piecing, and stitched it up. I added a ribbon at the top for hanging, then pinned my race numbers to it. It's plenty long enough to add more, because I can easily overlap my numbers more if needed. 

Something like this would be great for pins (Disney??!), or medals on pins (I got tons of those growing up for singing and instruments), or badges of any kind. Even barrettes, although I've seen much cuter ways to display those. At any rate, it works well for me! I'm anxious to add more in the next couple of months.
Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. so fun! I just ran my first race last week. It was a 10K, and I had a blast. I should make on of these to inspire me to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go. I almost got to a 5K before I got sick before Thanksgiving and now I have to start all over again with my training. Oh well, I will get there soon. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

    Information
    Visit Site

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

    Facer.io
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.

    Celebes Travel
    Celebes Tourism
    Celebes

    ReplyDelete

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!