Thursday, February 10, 2011

{Coat Closet Substitute}

Somehow our 25 year old house was not built with a coat closet (what??!!), and honestly being a family of 3 in a 4-bedroom house means it's not the end of the world. We use another closet, and we've always had coat hooks at the door anyway. BUT...things like gloves, mittens, scarves, and the like you really want easy access to. 
I have a cool bench and coat hooks at the door (you can see the hooks here ), but I wanted a basket to go underneath the bench just for the above mentioned items.
I also wanted to do it on the cheap. Baskets are cool but can really get $$$ if you're not careful. And I'm sure I would pick out something way cool and way $$$ that never goes on sale. That's usually how I roll.

But then I ran across these wood bins at JoAnn, and 40% off, too!  Score! It was easier than hunting down a basket(s) that would cost more than I wanted to spend, and they solve me problem.  So I snatched up two of them and grabbed my spray paint.
I wish the pics were better, but for some reason I can't get the best lighting. I distressed the edges after painting them black to match the bench, then filled them with our gloves, scarves, and mittens. In the summer, we might actually keep our beach towels in here because we're at the pool all the time. At any rate, I like that they were just under $7 each, and that I can ultimately re-paint them in the future if I get an itch to do so. Added bonus!

Problem solved and on the cheap. I likes. :)

Have a good one,

2 comments:

  1. Closets by Cricket creates unique and personal solutions for all your organization and storage needs closet organizer systems Orlando

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very pleased to find this web-site. I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

    Celebes Travel
    Wisata Celebes
    Celebes Tourism

    ReplyDelete

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!