Friday, February 4, 2011

{Valentines for Grandparents}


I don't know about you, but we always do a special Valentine craft for the 2 sets of grandparents in our family. My daughter is 6 1/2 now, and I've always tried to do this with 2 requirements: a)it includes a photo of her; and b)it's something that she makes almost exclusively without me.

This year we wanted to try something with conversation hearts, since they're so cute but nobody really wants to eat them (at least we don't)!  :) So during our second consecutive snow day today, she got busy on these little cuties.

THINGS YOU NEED:
recycled food boxes or cardboard
conversation hearts
scissors
Valentine themed photo (or any photo)
hole punch or Crop-A-Dile
jute or yarn
patterned paper
Aleene's Quick Grab Glue  (or Elmer's!)

First go through your recycle basket for food boxes. I usually cut these up before I put them in and file in my craft room. They are the best FREE chipboard! Then choose some patterned paper to cover it.
Cut your cardboard and paper to size, then glue it to the picture side with glue stick. Punch holes with your Crop-A-Dile and tie on yarn or jute for hanging.

Have your kiddo write a Valentine's message on the back, and date. Cute nails, huh?
Now you have your hanging background, a photo, and your conversation hearts ready. We have 2 of each. We used a photo of her in a Valentine's tee next to our "Love Tree."  (I got this idea here. )
Last year it was her and a Valentine Build-A-Bear. :)

Center your photo and glue on, then start adding hearts all around the picture. I used my Aleene's Quick Grab because I thought in the end that it would be stronger than Elmer's.

In no time it's finished! You could also distress the edges, but my kiddo didn't like that look so she won. :)
Let it dry. They are a bit heavy, so if you mail yours like we do, be sure to bubble wrap or put in a padded envelope.
The best part is that my kiddo loves how it turned out. She sang the whole time she worked, which is always my favorite part. :) Grandma & Grandpa can hang this anywhere and feel the love all the way from our house!

Take care,

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this sweet, simple craft. I like crafts the kids can actually do themselves! Grandma and grandpa are going to love this (as are a few of our aunties!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.


    Click Here
    Visit Web
    Videodataanalysis.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

    Ourblogginglife.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!